Director of Business Development - Redwood City, CA
Posted on April 16, 2015
This Director of Business Development reports directly to the firm’s Executive Director and is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing business development and marketing activities for the firm's partners and associates. Occasional travel to other firm offices and/or firm or other events is required. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with both tactical and strategic aspects of business planning and development and welcome challenges that offer opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/finance, marketing or communications field. Minimum of 3-5 years of business development experience, preferably in a major regional or national law firm and/or professional services environment.
- Outgoing, sales-oriented personality with a positive attitude.
- Creative thinker capable of bringing new marketing/business development ideas to individual attorneys, practice groups and client service teams.
- Must be able to deliver exemplary customer service to lawyers in the firm and firm clients.
- Results oriented team player with ability to develop deep knowledge of firm capabilities, sources of business and resources (e.g. professional organizations, publications, referral sources).
- Ability to adapt writing style to reflect the firm’s verbal/written brand. Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented.
- Proven ability to strategize, plan and execute events, marketing and business development activities, including webinars.
- Familiar with and comfortable using CRM/marketing databases.
- Develop firm wide business development plan with input and approval from Executive Director, Board of Directors and Management Committee.
- Identifying and cultivating new business leads from existing clients and new prospects.
- Seek opportunities to leverage and cross sell marketing/business development successes with other attorneys, offices, practice groups and teams.
- Work with team and industry practice group leaders to strategize and execute appropriate marketing initiatives, identify and participate in group and industry initiative research efforts, including identification of trends and issues, market intelligence, potential clients and other information as needed.
- Develop new, and keep current, marketing/business development materials including deal or case lists, practice area descriptions, and Web site content.
- Plan and participate in team and practice group meetings.
- Assist attorneys with responses to requests for proposals for new business.
- Work with the firm’s outside Media Relations firm to identify, leverage and develop opportunities to promote favorable legal results, attorney or other firm successes.
- Creation and dissemination of content for internal communication regarding marketing/business development activities and successes.
- Preparation and tracking of the annual business development expense budget.
Ropers, Majeski, Kohn & Bentley, PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resumes electronically:
Contact Keren Silva, Recruiting Coordinator at email@example.com.